11/30/2010

'Super Dan' focused on London 2012

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

China's badminton star, Lin Dan, gets ready to shave during a Gillette press conference in Beijing. As one of the nation's most popular sports figures, Lin is a big attraction for different commercials.

BEIJING - The handsome face and muscular figure of Lin Dan make him an ideal candidate for the big screen.

However, the Chinese badminton superstar says any speculation about a career in the entertainment industry will have to wait until his on-court career ends.

"Right now, I'm just focused on the 2012 Olympic Games. I will not think about the possibility (of acting) as long as I'm still able to play the sport," said 27-year-old Lin during a press conference on Sunday organized by razor brand Gillette.

The reigning Olympic and world champion is determined to hold on until the 2012 London Olympics, even though he achieved a grand slam by winning the Asian Games in Guangzhou.

"I will try my best and hold on to play at the 2012 Olympic Games," said Lin, who won the MVP Award at the Asian Games thanks to his men's singles title and his overwhelming popularity with fans and the media.

"I know it will be a tough two years. I know rising stars and old foes will come up and pose bigger threats during my preparation. But I'm ready to accept the challenge," 'Super Dan' said.

The Asiad title was the only major crown missing from Lin's glittering resume, which includes one Olympic title and three consecutive world crowns.

He said the pressure going into the Asiad was even greater than that at the 2008 Beijing Games.

"I know lots of people expected me to pick up the title. There was big pressure on me," said Lin, who was upset by Malaysia's Hidayat Taufik in the Doha final four years ago. "So when I did it, I felt more excited than when I won the Olympic title."


(China Daily)

0 comments: