12/27/2008

Gremio presents new signing Rafael Marques

RIO DE JANEIRO, Dec. 26 (Xinhua) -- Fullback Rafael Marques was presented to the team of Gremio and the press on Friday as the club's newest addition.

The athlete's leaving his former team Goais was dramatic. Goias attempted to hold onto the player, but never took the initiative to re-sign the player. Both Gremio and Goias announced at the same time that the player belonged to them for 2009.

"I never gave Goias my word that I would play for them in 2009.They had plenty of time to talk to me and negotiate, but they never went any further than showing a little bit of interest," said Marques.

The administration at Goias claimed that the athlete's lawyer Reinaldo Pita confirmed the player's stay with the club

"If my lawyer really said that to Goias, then it is he who has to straighten things out with the directors at Goias. I never promised or agreed to anything," said Marques.

Regardless of the misunderstandings, Marques demonstrated an enormous enthusiasm for arriving at Gremio. He said that it was "a dream come true". He also said that It is the best thing for "my family to be here".

0 comments: