12/18/2010

Mourinho pleased with his achievements in 2010

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Real Madrid's coach Jose Mourinho is seen before the start of their Spanish first division soccer match against Valencia at the Santiago Bernabeu stadium in Madrid, December 4, 2010.

MADRID, Dec. 18 -- Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho was not slow to sing his own praises for what he has achieved during 2010.

Mourinho joined Real Madrid from Inter Milan this summer, shortly after leading Inter to a treble of the Italian league and cup as well as the Champions League, after beating Bayern Munich in the final.

His time at Madrid has seen his new side lose just one game - a 5-0 humiliation by FC Barcelona, and they are currently second in the BBVA Primera Liga.

"If we are speaking about 2010, it has been the best year in my career," said the man who has also coached Porto and Chelsea.

"If I had to give myself a mark out of 10, I would give myself 11, because I won all that competitions that it is possible to win and I have options to win everything possible this season with Real Madrid. It is the perfect year," said Mourinho in a press conference televised by Gol television.

Mourinho also expressed his satisfaction that Kaka had returned to training with the squad following his knee operation, although he added that the Brazilian was still several weeks from making a return to competitive action due to lack of fitness.

Mourinho also denied that coaching Real Madrid was a taxing job.

"It is easy to work here. I suffered a lot more in Italy, because you have a lot of commitments there, all I have to do here is ask a companion if I can speak before or after them," he said.

Mourinho was guarded about his side to face Sevilla in the Santiago Bernabeu Stadium on Sunday. He refused to say whether Karim Benzema would be in his starting 11 after a disappointing performance in Zaragoza last weekend.

"It is the same problem as always, I don't need strikers on the bench if the result is comfortable as it was in Zaragoza. The problem will comes the day we are losing or drawing and running out of time and I don't have any strikers when I want to make a change," said Mourinho.


(Reuters)

0 comments: